New for summer 2018, RiverStage Community Theatre is pleased to announce the launch of “RiverStage Summer Theatre Academy,” offering theatre camp experiences for kids from grades 2-10!
[Please note: Two of our previously-advertised camps, “It’s a Jungle Out There!” and “Jungle Book Kids” have unfortunately been cancelled due to low enrollment and parents should have received notification. We are still accepting registrations for the remaining two camps.]
“Let’s Play!” Theatre Games
Grades 2 & 3 | $125
One-week session: 9am-12pm on July 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27
Directed by Barbara Ross & Glenn Wilson
Students entering 2nd and 3rd grades will get on their feet and get active in this fun introduction to the games that actors and actresses play! Using a wide range of techniques to exercise the mind, body and voice, your kids will have a blast making friends, getting comfortable on the stage, getting their creative juices flowing, and learning how professional actors work together to begin creating great characters, scenes and stories! Family and friends will be invited to a sharing demonstration of our skills during the last hour of the final session.
“I Hate Shakespeare” Comedy!
Grades 6 thru 10 | $195
Two-week session: 1pm-4pm on July 23-27, July 30-Aug 3 (public performances Aug 3-4)
Directed by Roberta Pickering
“We hate Shakespeare?” At least that’s what an audience might think until they get a rip-roaring rundown of Shakespeare’s classics in this hilarious and fast-paced introduction to famous playwright, with a modern twist! Students in this two-week camp will expand their comedic and dramatic skills as they learn more about blocking, physicality, creating character, and infusing the love of telling a story to the audience. As they rehearse the large ensemble comedy I Hate Shakespeare by Steph DeFerie, designed for a camp just like this with a large number of roles, students will sharpen their technique and explore what they can bring to the stage, their power as a performer, and their passion for theatre. Plus, a lineup of RiverStage guest artists will visit for special sessions on costuming, props, technical direction and more. A great opportunity for young actors and actresses! Two performances will be open to the public on Friday, August 3 and Saturday, August 4.
• All camps are located at the Greenspace Center Auditorium (a.k.a. Old Lewisburg High School), 815 Market St, Lewisburg, PA 17837.
• Students must be entering the indicated grade level in Fall 2018 to participate in a camp.
• Each session will include a snack break.
• Camps are held Monday thru Friday, with some camps giving final performances on Sat or Sun (see descriptions for details).
• One-Week Camp (Let’s Play!): $125
• Two-Week Camp (I Hate Shakespeare): $195
• Siblings/family members receive a discount when you enroll in the same camp! Each additional family member in a one-week camp receives $10 off, and each additional family member in a two-week camp receives $20 off!
• Partial scholarships may be available on an as-needed basis. For financial aid information, please email Maggie Able at firstname.lastname@example.org.