EXTENDED TO TWO WEEKENDS!
Friday, April 20, 2018, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 21, 2018, 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 22, 2018, 2:30 p.m.
Friday, April 27, 2018, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 28, 2018, 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 29, 2018, 2:30 p.m.
Gaspipe Theatre Company and RiverStage partner once again for the 8th annual local festival of original one-act plays! Written and submitted to us by new playwrights from across the Susquehanna Valley & the U.S., these short works of theatre are acted, directed and produced by local teams of artists! All of these short plays run 10-15 minutes in length and will be presented as one continuous show on each of the above dates.
This year’s plays include:
- WHERE’S THIS TRAIN GOING? by Bruce Guelden, directed by Derek Scott. A woman from out of town befriends a commuter on the NYC subway, but both have secrets they may not be telling. (Drama)
- LESSER OF TWO EVILS by Caroline Pogust, directed by Jennifer Wakeman. Two sisters, home for Thanksgiving holiday, plan how they’re going to break some big news to the rest of the family. (Drama)
- THE KING-ANNING by Veronica Cooper, directed by Stefan Eisenhower. The King of Saxony and his aide do a little shopping in England and banter with the proprietriess of a local fossil shop. (Comedy)
- THE ONE by Laurie Knitter, directed by Andrew Shaffer. A man and woman on a first date find themselves arguing about living in a fact-based reality. (Comedy/Satire)
- ISN’T THAT JUST LIKE US? by Allan Bates, directed by Jove Graham. A married couple who have a little trouble remembering what they wanted from the refrigerator…. (Comedy)
- WILL WORK FOR FOOD by James Baden, directed by Maggie Able. Two men tell the audience a little bit about their lives on the street. (Comedy/Drama)
- THE COURT OF THE CHAOS QUEEN written & directed by Ben Hartman. An evil villainess and her henchmen try to fit in at a Christmas office party. (Comedy)