(Performances will be held April 20-29, 2018 at the same location.)
RiverStage Community Theatre will be holding auditions for its next production, The 2018 Gaspipe One-Act Play Festival, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. on Monday, March 5th at the Greenspace Center Auditorium, 815 Market Street in Lewisburg. Actors and actresses of all experience levels are needed to fill 20 roles (roughly 10 men and 10 women, though casting is flexible).
The 2018 Gaspipe One-Act Play Festival is a presentation of 7 short plays (~10-15 minutes each) that were submitted by playwrights from the local area and all across the U.S. and then selected by our play-reading committee. Subject matter ranges from comedy to drama to satire, and there are lots of roles for actors of all backgrounds and interests! The show will be performed April 20-29, and short descriptions of the plays are as follows:
- ISN’T THAT JUST LIKE US? by Allan Bates, directed by Jessica Paquin. A married couple who have a little trouble remembering what they wanted from the refrigerator…. (Comedy, 1 male, 1 female role)
- WHERE’S THIS TRAIN GOING? by Bruce Guelden, directed by Derek Scott. A woman from out of town befriends a commuter on the NYC subway, but both have secrets they may not be telling…. (Drama, 2 male, 1 female role)
- LESSER OF TWO EVILS by Caroline Pogust, directed by Jennifer Wakeman. Two sisters, home for Thanksgiving holiday, plan how they’re going to break some big new to the rest of the family…. (Drama, 2 female roles)
- THE COURT OF THE CHAOS QUEEN by Ben Hartman, directed by Ben Hartman. An evil villainess and her henchmen try to fit in at a Christmas office party. (Comedy, 3 male, 3 female roles)
- THE KING-ANNING by Veronica Cooper, directed by Andrew Shaffer. The King of Saxony and his aide do a little shopping in England and banter with the proprietriess of a local fossil shop. (Comedy, 2 male, 1 female role)
- GOD’S RETRIBUTION by Ryan Bultrowicz, directed by Jove Graham. On their way to a middle school graduation ceremony, a husband tries to convince his wife that his hair is falling out because of a college prank he played 20 years ago. (Comedy, 1 male, 1 female role)
- THE ONE by Laurie Knitter, directed by Stefan Eisenhower. A man and woman on a first date find themselves arguing about living in a fact-based reality. (Drama/Satire, 1 male, 1 female role)
Auditioners do not need to bring or prepare material ahead of time, and should bring calendars to indicate any conflicts with potential rehearsal dates. Readings will be provided. If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
P.S. And don’t forget that you can receive email updates about all our upcoming auditions and shows by joining our mailing list by using our Contact Us form!