RiverStage is pleased to announce that we have THREE opportunities for auditions coming up!
1) AUDITIONS for “OUR MISS BROOKS” (+ OPEN HOUSE FOR 2019-2020 SEASON!)
Monday, August 5, 7:00 to 9:00pm
Tuesday, August 6, 7:00 to 9:00pm
Greenspace Center, 815 Market St, Lewisburg
Show to be performed September 20-29, Directed by Maggie Able
“OUR MISS BROOKS” (by Christopher Sergel, adapted from R.J. Mann’s scripts) is a comedic throwback to the golden age of 1940’s and 50’s radio & TV sitcoms, featuring a large cast of both adults & kids. This 3-act comedy follows the adventures of Miss Brooks, the beloved and sarcastically witty high-school English teacher, as she juggles her classroom full of students and dreams about her summer vacation to the Caribbean. When the job of directing the school play is thrust upon her, battles erupt on all fronts as she combats the school’s athletic coach (whose star athlete quits the team to join the play), the president of the school board (whose daughter wants a leading role but is terrible) and many other hilarious, colorful characters. Auditioners of all ages and experience levels are welcome, as the cast requires 2 men, 4 women, and 11 young students (3 boys and 8 girls). Auditioners may attend either session and do not need to prepare material in advance, but will be asked to read from the script and should bring calendars to indicate scheduling conflicts.
- Miss Brooks, a high school English teacher
- Miss Finch, the librarian
- Hugo Longacre, the athletic coach
- Mr. Wadsworth, the principal
- Miss Audobon, the music teacher
- Mrs. Allen, mother of a student
- Students: Elsie, Elaine, Jane, Sylvia, Doris, Marge, Faith, Rhonda, Ted, Stanley and Martin
We are also holding an “Open House” on these two dates (Aug 5 & 6, 7:00-9:00 pm) for anyone interested in helping behind the scenes with the 2019-2020 RiverStage season! Whether you are interested in stage management, working backstage, set building, painting, lights, sound, marketing, development–you name it!–members of the RiverStage board will be on hand to meet you in person and talk about opportunities to get involved and volunteer this season!
2) AUDITIONS for “A LEWISBURG VICTORIAN NUTCRACKER”
Saturday, August 24 (one day only!):
10:00-10:45: Ages 5-7
11:00-11:45: Ages 8-10
12:00-12:45: Ages 11-12
1:00-1:45: Age 13+ and Adults
Strictly Ballet Studio (2nd floor of Greenspace Center) , 815 Market St, Lewisburg. Show to be performed December 14, directed by Amy Carter Casimir.
Don’t miss your opportunity to be a part of the 2nd annual co-production of the “Nutcracker” by Strictly Ballet & RiverStage! Dancers and non-dancers, kids (age 5+) and adults, girls and boys, are all needed for this fantastic and fun holiday production! All auditioners will be grouped according to age (see times above), should wear comfortable clothes for movement, and should be able to provide a short bio/resume with a list of their skills and any scheduling conflicts.
3) AUDITIONS for “ANNE OF GREEN GABLES”
Monday, August 26, 7:00 to 9:00pm
Tuesday, August 27, 7:00 to 9:00pm
Greenspace Center, 815 Market St, Lewisburg
Show to be performed November 8-17, directed by Virginia L. Zimmerman
“ANNE OF GREEN GABLES” (by Mary Collins Barile, based on L.M. Montgomery’s novels) is a brand-new 2018 adaptation of the classic, timeless stories of Anne Shirley, the wildly independent orphan girl who is mistakenly adopted by siblings Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert on their farm in rural Prince Edward Island in the late 19th Century. This imaginative girl enjoys a series of misadventures and experiences with her new friends at school and the other colorful residents of the town. This brand-new version of Anne’s adventures highlights the charm and humor of these wonderful characters as it follows Anne forwards and backwards through her life. Auditioners of all ages and experience levels, particularly children, are welcomed, as the cast requires 7 women, 4 men, 1 boy, and 7 girls including the leading role of Anne (who begins the story as an 11-year-old girl and progresses through 7 years). Auditioners may attend either session and do not need to prepare material in advance, but will be asked to read from the script and should bring calendars to indicate scheduling conflicts. Roles include:
- Anne Shirley (age ~11-18): intelligeng, self-sufficient, talkative girl
- Nan Blythe (age ~10): daughter of older Anne
- Diana Barry: Anne’s bosom friend
- Prissy Andrews: student who marries a teacher
- Josie Pye: a horrible, spoiled child
- Jane Andrews: a sensible and unimaginative girl
- Ruby Gillis: a high-strung classmate
- Marilla Cuthbert: stern exterior, adopts Anne and runs the household
- Mrs. Rachel Lynde: town gossip
- Mrs. Barry: Diana’s mother
- Mrs. Spencer: woman who brings Anne to the island
- Mrs. Blewett: nasty woman who is “willing” to hire Anne
- Older Anne (Mrs. A.S. Blythe): Anne Shirley at age ~38
Men / Boys:
- Matthew Cuthbert: Marilla’s brother, warm-hearted, shy
- Mr. Phillips: a teacher
- Station Master
- Gilbert Blythe: a smart, good-looking young lad and Anne’s friend
For more details on any of these auditions or shows, please contact auditions@riverstagetheatre.