AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD:
Sunday, December 13, 2015, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Monday, December 14, 2015, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
The Lewisburg Hotel (4th Floor), 136 Market St, Lewisburg
From the script: “Hailed by critics as an ‘Our Town for our time,’ this play is by turns poetic and comic, romantic and philosophical. Peter returns to his twenty-year high-school reunion with dreams of winning back Kari, the girl he left behind after an unexpected pregnancy ended their relationship. Standing in Peter’s way is Kari’s bitter-as-ever resentment, her husband, and the fact that Peter still hasn’t grown up. As the night progresses, both Peter and Kari interact with a host of characters all played by a Narrator, and are led to face the consequences of choices made long ago and start back into life with newfound strength and bittersweet resolve.”
Roles are available for 3 actors — 1 male, 1 female, and 1 of either gender. The characters are:
- PETER: A psychologist who moved away from his hometown of Pine City, Minnesota and is returning for one night to attend his 20-year high school reunion. Never married. Former class president, choir member, and lead singer of a rock band. [If the actor who plays Peter can sing and play the guitar, this is a plus, but not absolutely required.]
- KARI: Peter’s high school sweetheart, still lives in their hometown of Pine City, Minnesota. Works in a bank overseeing safety deposit boxes. Married to Hans, a wealthy golf pro.
- NARRATOR: Serves as a third-person omniscient narrator for the story but also plays the other attendees at the high school reunion including Pudge, Cookie, Kent, Denise, Angie, Nolan, Coral, Lisa, Smoke, Carla, Jeff, Sarah, Arne, Carl, and Jake.
Actors of all experience levels are welcome. You do not need to prepare a monologue or other material; readings will be provided at the audition. Those readings are provided below (in PDF format), however, for anyone who would like to read them in advance.
- Narrator #1
- Peter, Kari and Narrator #2
- Peter, Kari and Narrator #3
- Peter and Narrator #4
- Peter, Kari and Narrator #5
- Peter and Kari #6
- Peter and Kari #7
In addition, actors auditioning for the role of Peter may be asked to sing a short song of their choosing. If you would like to sing the song that is a part of the show, it is provided here as sheet music and an MP3: